Pages

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Saved by Google Docs


Yesterday afternoon in my tech lesson, after my initial starter the students began the tasks they had to complete as part of their project work. Within 5 minutes of them working I heard cries of anguish as they lost their connection to the Internet. On investigating further, it seemed that all the macs in the lab had lost the ethernet connection. I asked them to restart the machines and called the IT helpdesk to report the fault. Soon it became clear that the Internet was down in the entire building but strangely enough the wireless Internet was still working. 

As the students were doing their project work in Google Docs, I asked them to take out their iPads and continue their project. At the end of the lesson it was good to see the progress they had made and it got me thinking that without Google docs and iPads the lesson would have been wasted and students would ask me for an extension of their deadline date. Luckily in this instance my original deadline still stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment